Portland / Perspectives / Funny Story
This weekend I accompanied my good friend and fellow photographer Matt Floreen up to Portland Oregon as second shooter for a wedding this weekend. The wedding was amazing and we both got some incredible images. I’ll post a few of the ones I took soon. I just thought I would put up a few shots Matt took of me at two of the weddings in the last week. I also have a funny story about our arrival in Portland Friday night.
The Images:
The Story:
Friday evening we arrived in the Portland airport and were picked up by the bride’s mother and maid of honor. About 10:30pm they dropped us off at our room at this quaint complex just outside of town. It was right off the river, and the smell of clean air and pines trees was fabulous. Around 10:45pm we realized we hadn’t eaten lunch or dinner, and remembered passing a Burgerville about 1 mile before we arrived. 10:49 pm we found the number in the yellow pages and called to ask what time they closed. The girl on the phone said walk-in closed at 11:00pm and the drive-thru closed at midnight. I said “if we run we can make it” so at a nice jog (or maybe a slow sprint) we were out the door and down the road through the woods. Matt was in dress shoes so about ¼ mile out he needed to stop to avoid blisters. I kept going and arrived at the Burgerville at 10:56pm only to find the door locked. I called the number again and the girl said they hadn’t locked up yet and I must be at the wrong Burgerville because all the other ones in town close the walk-in at 10:00pm and the drive-thru at 11:00pm. At this point I am so out of breath I can hardly talk, but 10:58pm I found this wonderful couple waiting in their car in the parking lot. I explained my whole story in under 30 seconds and they volunteered to go through the drive-thru for us. A few minutes later Matt arrived and we enjoyed our dinner on the steps outside. The perfect meal and a happy ending to the story.
6 comments:
You left out the fact that the couple parked at Burgerville nearly drove off when you walked up to their car all sweaty and unable to talk...
What a great trip. :)
Why does this not suprise me at all? :-)
Hahaha, oh brother...Why didn't you just walk through the drive through? =0P
Fun times
hahahaha..
that's all I can say!
I miss you both!
Buy [url=http://buy-cialis.icr38.net/Valporic-acid-ER]valporic acid er online[/url] here - Patent Offer zantac online here - Unprecedented Price
uzUjh3ZX1 Casino 2 UBy8tFbJcC Harrahs uhVltTQcYE Hollywood Casino 579Q6xp3FH Snoqualmie Casino NJq06F7tjE Casino Classic AKR5jPJnc Goodman Casino MIV8yYJDlt Robert Burian Casino BaRPZ8iMz6 Casino Chip
Post a Comment